Rome, April 21 – Juventus drew Monaco in the semi-finals of the Champions League Friday. The other semi-final will be between holders Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid. Monaco is generally seen as the weakest of the four semi-finalists so it was a lucky draw for the Italian champions. Juve, who are going for a historic treble, beat Barcelona 3-0 in the quarter-finals. The Bianconeri and Real, who last year beat Atletico on penalties in the final in Milan to lift their 11th European crown, were immediately dubbed favourites to reach the final. Real also beat Atletico in the 2014 final. Juve lost to Barcelonna in the 2015 final. Juve Vice President Pavel Nedved said Monaco “is a very young team, it runs hard and has nothing to lose, so it is a dangerous adversary. “But the Juve lads are very focused, their focus is on going as far as possible” “They showed that by not throwing an all-out party after going through against Barcelona”. Nedved added that coach Massimilano Allegri was a “genius” and the club would be happy to offer him a three-year contract extension. “Let’s continue along this way,” said the former Juve and Lazio forward.